DOUBLE BRANCH ELEMENTARTY PTA
Executive Board and Chair Positions
EXECUTIVE BOARD POSITIONS
• President – Presides over and conducts all General Assembly Meetings and PTA Board Meetings; oversees large PTA projects voted by members; represents PTA at County/District meetings, State Council meetings, conventions/workshops, etc.; consults with Administration on all matters relating to the school
• Vice President, Ways and Means – Oversees and signs all contractual agreements with vendors relating to scheduled fundraising and ensure all Association’s contractual obligations are fulfilled; generate and/or oversee all sponsorship and donations and send out sponsorship gifts and thank you letters
• Vice President, Programs – Plan and execute PTA events and programs with respective Chairperson(s); oversees and signs all contractual agreements with vendors relating to scheduled programs and events; fills out all Activities Request for fundraising activities for principal approval
• Vice President, Membership – Oversees all aspects of PTA membership, including creating/updating/printing membership forms, completion of forms and collection of membership forms, and distribution of membership cards to members from Florida PTA; coordinates membership enrollment with Treasurer to ensure that accurate numbers are reflected and state dues are paid at the end of each month
• OPEN Secretary – Records Minutes at each monthly PTA Board meeting; sends previous meeting minutes, via email, to PTA Board 7 days prior to next scheduled meeting; presents Minutes for approval at all PTA Board Meetings; opens, reviews, initials, and copies monthly bank statement before delivering to Treasurer.
• Treasurer – Maintains accounting system with an accurate record of the expense and receipt transactions of the unit; writes checks only for items in the budget unless otherwise approved by the membership; makes sure adequate funds are provided at programs, events, and/or fundraising activities; makes timely deposits; keeps copy of cancelled checks, paid bills, all receipts and bank statements for annual audit
• Sponsorship – Local businesses are invited to partner financially with the PTA through donations; in turn, they are invited to distribute flyers for services or advertise their business on a banner at a school event depending on their selected level of sponsorship. The chair is responsible for contacting previous and new sponsorships to determine interest in continued support and works throughout the year to collect funds, assist businesses with distribution of materials as appropriate, and send appreciation through thank you notes and plaques.
• Spirit Wear – PTA designs and sells the school spirit clothing items to sell throughout the school year.
• Volunteer Coordinator – Coordinates with other event/program chairs to create volunteer schedules and is r responsible for filling the volunteer schedule to ensure adequate coverage for event/program.
• OPEN Caring and Sharing – The Caring and Sharing program is an annual program where the PTA and Student Council commit to assisting Double Branch families in need. Throughout the year, both organizations hold clothing drives, canned food drives, school supply drives, and the Angel Tree; the chair/committee would assist with these projects.<
• OPEN Fundraising – The chair/committee is responsible for coordinating with fundraising company and 1st VP of Ways and Means. Chair/committee will plan the event, create event schedules, setup/break down events, coordinate volunteers with Volunteer Coordinator, distribute marketing materials, collect pledge/fundraising forms and payments, and distribute student prizes in a timely manner.
• OPEN Reflections – Reflections is an art competition sponsored by the national PTA. Students are encouraged to create and submit original works of art in one of six categories: visual arts, photography, literature, dance choreography, and fill production following a yearly theme presented by National PTA. Chair organizes, plans, and executes program during fall semester. Chair and volunteers coordinate with specials teachers to help promote the program through flyers, print and collect registration paperwork, find local judges for the competition, submit entries online and physically to County PTA within the deadline, display and honor entrants and winners through a breakfast or special reception.
• OPEN BBQ Round Up (Fall Festival) – The annual fall BBQ Round Up is our largest program for the year. Chair/Co-Chair and committee organize, plan, and execute the event. Chairs and committee work to market the event through flyers and online communication, plan and organize games and prizes, organize and reserve food truck vendors, DJ, and external vendors (such as bounce houses and rental lights), order decorations and drinks/snacks, work with volunteer coordinators, supervise games and inflatables evening of event, coordinate with food truck vendors, set-up/breakdown the entire event for the evening.
• OPEN Holiday Shop – Every year in December the PTA sets up a holiday shop for the students of Double Branch. This is a weeklong fundraiser for students to purchase holiday gifts for family and friends. Chair and committee is responsible for contracting with the holiday shop company and being the main contact on-site during the week of the event. The committee is responsible for distributing the marketing packets, and creating the teacher and volunteer schedules. Committee is responsible for coordinating with the guidance department to identify high need students from our Assist, Believe, Care (ABC) program to receive free shopping vouchers. The committee is responsible for setup/breakdown of the event, volunteering, and running the event for the week.
• OPEN Winter Event (TBD) – In the past, we have organized a Movie Night in January and a Bingo Night in February. These events have had consistently declining attendance so we are considering options for a new event in lieu of both of these that will require a committee to plan and execute. We are strongly considering a Student Talent Show with auditions in January and a show in February. If you’re like to be involved in this, let us know.
• PTA Open House – This is an informal event held during a weeknight to invite prospective PTA executive board members and chair members to learn about what PTA does, what the time commitment and skill level involved would be, and ask questions to learn more about openings.
• OPEN Art Show and Ice Cream Social – The Double Branch Art Department presents student work on a designated evening near the end of the school year. In conjunction, PTA holds their last General Meeting of the year and provides a free Ice Cream social and sundae bar for families. The chair of this position is responsible for purchasing ice cream and other items for the event, organizing the space layout for vendors to setup that evening, and coordinates volunteer needs with the Volunteer Coordinator. They are responsible for breakdown of the event to ensure all ice cream and items are stored properly.
• OPEN 5th Grade Dance – Each year the fifth-grade class is treated to a farewell dance and a week of fun-filled events. The Chair/Committee is responsible for organizing, planning and executing the dance in conjunction with the fifth-grade committee. Chair and committee are responsible for advertising, dance set-up/breakdown, creating and hanging decorations, selling the tickets and serving the food for the evening.
• Mother’s Day Cakes – The chair is responsible for working with Publix to coordinate and execute the event, distribute and collect order forms and monies, and work with front office to create an event schedule. Chair is responsible for setup and break down of event, usually held on the stage area.
• Teacher/Staff Appreciation – Chair is responsible for coordinating items for the snack cart, ordering items/goodies during appreciation week and ordering the food for the staff luncheon. Chair and committee are responsible for set-up/breakdown of the luncheon, decorations/luncheon theme, and food display in the staff lounge. Chair is expected to be on site for the day to assist with luncheon. Chair and committee are responsible for snack cart set-up/breakdown and organizing the staff appreciation week.
• OPEN Breakfast with a Buddy – This is a new event where students may choose a buddy (Mom, Dad, a grandparent, a caregiver, etc.) to come to school and have breakfast with them to celebrate the end of the school year. A continental breakfast will be provided.
• OPEN State Awards – The chair is responsible for learning about and staying abreast of Florida State PTA awards and application deadlines and completing award applications as applicable based on qualifications. May coordinate with VP/Membership to gather membership information and demographics with regard to application needs.
• Public Relations – The chair is responsible for designing and updating the PTA Bulletin Board and submitting press releases to local papers and magazines. May create PTA newsletter as needed and requested.
• Website – The chair is responsible for maintaining the existing PTA website and updating it with current events.